Happy Saturday everybody! And happy official start of football season – we already have the two TVs set up at my house (yes, two TVs – you can’t miss anything, haha!) and of course we have tons of food too 🙂
I have a perfect game day snack for you today – “Game Day Nachos” and they are sheet pan nachos as well, so it’s a win win – gotta love those sheet pans! I honestly prefer sheet pan nachos, because they don’t get as mushy – I prefer a crispy chip!
[Can you tell who I’m rooting for today 😉 ]
**The best thing about this recipe is that you can really add whatever ingredients you want and get away with it! Here’s what I added:
-Black Beans (I used canned)
**You could also add ground turkey, ground beef, your other favorite cheeses, guacamole, onions, peppers, jalapeños, sour cream, lettuce, or really anything else that is in your pantry/fridge!
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees. (**I used our toaster oven, because it was just a portion for me, but I would use a regular oven if making for many**).
- Strain and rinse black beans.
- Lay out tortilla chips on pan.
- Heat black beans in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle black beans, tomatoes, and Mexican cheese over tortilla chips.
- Bake in toaster oven for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Add feta cheese. Bake for 2 more minutes.
- Add salsa.
Nutrition Info: Honestly, hard to determine, because the amount of ingredients depends on how many people you have. Just be mindful of portion control – there is still a lot of football left to be played 😉
Hope that you enjoy – comment below what you would put on your “Game Day Nachos”! Good luck to all of your teams today and Go Blue!!!!!