Happy New Year everyone! I hope that you all had a lovely holiday with your friends and family. In my personal opinion this three day weekend went way too fast…good thing it’s a short week!!
Every New Years Eve our tradition is to make homemade pizzas. This year I decided to try a new recipe that I recreated from a pizza that I had at a restaurant recently. (I know, I know crazy that the Picky Girl actually ordered a pizza with meat on it…it was a big step!) And I had to share it with all of you, because I am in love with this new recipe! I definitely think that it will be one of my go-tos for homemade pizza nights to come.
Fig Jam (I used one that my friend got me in Italy, but I’ve seen it in local grocery stores too)
Goat Cheese (the restaurant used gorgonzola)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Make dough. I always use the master recipe from The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook.
- Shape dough. Bake crust in oven for about 3 minutes before adding the toppings.
- Spread on fig jam, add goat cheese, and then prosciutto.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until curst browns.
**Nutrition Information depends on size of pizza and amount of toppings used.**
Hope that you all enjoyed the recipe! I hope that you and your family have a happy, healthy, and joyful new year. Stay tuned for more from the Picky Girl!