Happy Sunday everyone! Wondering what to do with the last of the tomatoes that you grew in your garden this year?? Well if so, I have got the recipe for you…”Tomato Chips”! They are salty, savory, low calorie, and delicious! They kind of taste like a pizza just without the crust! We have been making them for an appetizer for most of the football Saturdays this season and they have been a big hit. It’s a pretty easy recipe, just takes forever, so make sure that you have enough time to make them.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes (less than a 1/4 inch wide).
- Place sliced tomatoes on cooling rack covered with parchment paper, then on top of a baking pan [Tip: see picture below for set up].
- Drizzle tomatoes with salt.
- Cook in oven for about 2 and a half hours. [Tip: Rotate frequently! As you can see from the above photo it’s rather easy for them to get a bit crispy!]
- Immediately after removing from oven, sprinkle with cheese.
- Peel tomatoes off of parchment paper. [Tip: If they stick, they aren’t done yet, the tomatoes should peel easily off of the parchment paper].
Nutrition Information: (For about 5 slices) 31.5 calories, 0.8 g of fat, 5.8 g of carbohydrate, 1.6 g of protein.
Have a great week!! Stay tuned for more from the Picky Girl 🙂