Hello everyone! Sorry about my long hiatus from the blogging world, but a lot of things have been happening lately. I graduated from my dietetic internship (yay!), went on a much needed beach vacation, and have of course been busy studying for the upcoming RD exam! Although I have been a bit busy I do have a few new plans for the blog that I will start later this summer, so please stay tuned 🙂
This weekend I took a little break from studying and went strawberry picking for the first time this season. Lately, I have seen a few recipes on Pinterest involving people grilling strawberries and I thought why not give it a try?!? However, I did put my own Picky Girl twist on them!!
-olive oil cooking spray
1. Clean strawberries and cut off stems.
2. Slide strawberries onto skewers (**Leave about a 1/4 inch space between the skewers for easier rotating on the grill).
3. Spray both sides of strawberries with olive oil.
4. Place skewers on grill, cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
5. Remove skewers from grill and place on a serving platter.
6. Drizzle strawberries with balsamic glaze.