Hello everyone! I am absolutely in love with blueberry muffins! Back in the day, I wouldn’t touch a muffin in less it had chocolate chips in it, so this is a big step for me…I know I know but I am the Picky Girl! 🙂 I tried this recipe for the first time last summer for guests and they turned out fantastic!
Nutrition Information (for 1 muffin): 122 calories, 1.6 g of fat, 24.2 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g protein, 11.9 g sugar.
Blueberries are high in antioxidants and a good source of fiber!
Ingredients: (Makes 12 muffins)
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 cup blueberries
1 cup quick oats
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 whole egg
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a small bowl, let sit at room temperature for five minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a third bowl, mix egg, applesauce, vanilla, and brown sugar until blended.
- Combine all ingredients together in a larger bowl and add blueberries.
- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes.