Hello all!! Last weekend I finally got to go home for a quick visit and what better way to celebrate than with “Mini Cast Iron Frying Pan Pizzas” (wow that’s a mouthfull!) They are the cutest little pans that make the cutest little pizzas! We made four different kinds and served them on a huge cutting board, so that way everyone could sample each one.
Meat-lovers (top left) – Mini pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, ham, sausage, and tomato sauce
Veggie-lovers (top right) – Mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, olive oil, and onions
Pesto-lovers (bottom left) – Mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and pesto
Mexican-lovers (bottom right) – Mexican cheese mix, turkey with Mexican seasonings, and salsa
**You can use any ingredients that your heart desires; make your favorite or try something new!
1. Make dough. I always use the master recipe from The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day cookbook.
2. Grease pans well with olive oil.
3. Place a tangerine-sized dough ball in each pan. Flatten ball to fit in pan; going all the way to the edges.
4. Add desired ingredients.
5. Heat each pan on stove for about 3-5 minutes or until the edges start to bubble like in the picture below.
6. In a 450 degrees oven, bake pizzas in pans for about 12-15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did and stay tuned for more Picky Girl recipes!