Hello everyone. I hope that you are all having a great Labor Day! As it is technically the official last day of summer, I thought that I would share one last summer recipe! For this “Tomato Pie” I used all tomatoes from our garden and it turned out delicious! Hope you enjoy!
Store-bought pie crust
4 medium tomatoes
Small yellow tomatoes (I used pear)
1 small sweet onion, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
3/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of chopped chives
2 tablespoons of chopped basil
sprinkle of black pepper
3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- Bake store-bought crust as directed.
- Once pie crust is done, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices, salt and let sit on paper towel to draw out water.
- Slice a few small yellow tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices to add color to the dish.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- In a large bowl, blend parmesan cheese, yogurt, bread crumbs, chives, basil, black pepper, and mozzarella cheese.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and place tomato slices on top in a pretty design.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place in oven for about 45 minutes or until tomatoes start to brown.
P.S. Happy Birthday Dad!!!