Hello everyone! What a crazy week; I moved and started my internship! So far, so good and I am really excited to see what the next 10 months hold :). Now onto the food…..have I mentioned that I love pasta? Growing up, being the picky girl that I am, I would always eat pasta with butter and parmesan cheese. In college this dish continued to be my go to. I have gotten better over the years with trying new foods, but I noticed something this week. Almost everyday last week I ate pasta for dinner….I did add tomatoes to it but it was still pasta. I decided that this week I would try new things! So, I researched on Pinterest and I have some up-and-coming new recipes/blog posts. But, for now here’s a new pasta recipe, one that isn’t just butter and parmesan cheese.
1 medium Onion
1 medium tomato
Shrimp (we use the frozen already deveined kind)
- Boil pasta water.
- Dice onion and tomato.
- Peel shrimp and snow peas.
- Start cooking pasta (follow box directions). **Save 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Sauté all ingredients (except tomato) in olive oil, in this order: snow peas, then onions and garlic together. Combine all ingredients together after done sautéing.
- Sauté shrimp in olive oil until fully cooked, they should be lightly pink.
- Put all ingredients in the sauté pan, including tomatoes, then add pasta.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese of course ;).
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and stay tuned for more yummy ones!