Hello everyone! This summer has been a busy, but exciting one for me. Unfortunately, my summer vacation is ending shortly but that means that my dietetic internship starts soon and I am very excited for that!
One of my favorite new recipes that I learned this summer was Bruschetta from my new Italian friend! She taught me how to make it the other night and it was too amazing not to share with you! It is also super easy, quick, and a great way to use some of those tomatoes that are growing in your garden!
Small tomatoes (grape, cherry, or whatever you have available)
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
Red chili pepper flakes
**The ingredients are very flexible, add how ever much you want of each to this recipe. It is very easy to make it your own!
- Add into a medium sized bowl: sliced tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, a sprinkle of salt, olive oil, chopped basil, and a sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes. Mix throughly.
- Slice bread and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven until lightly golden brown (watch closely so it doesn’t burn).
- When bread is finished, rub last garlic clove on the tops of each slice.
- Scoop about 2 spoonfuls of tomato mixture on each slice.
- Drizzle the remaining juices from the bowl over the slices.
Thank you to Monica for all of the amazing recipes you have taught me and made for me while you have been here! I cannot wait to cook with you again soon 🙂