Hello everyone! My family and I had a ton of blueberries in the fridge, and I was trying to think of something that I could make to use them up. So, I came up with “Blueberry Salsa” and it was delicious! I am really excited about how it turned out and my favorite part about it was how pretty it was. This would be a great addition to liven up any summertime meal. I had it with baked tortilla chips and my mom put it on her pork (I tried the pork, but I have to say that the Picky Girl is still not a fan!) I think the next time I make it I would have it with some sort of fish, I think that would be really good!!
1 yellow pepper (if you enjoy a spicier salsa, I would add a hotter pepper)
1 medium sweet onion
1 cup strawberries
1 cup blueberries
Handful of parsley or cilantro
Sprinkle of salt
1. Chop blueberries in food processor.
2. Slice strawberries and then chop in food processor.
3. Dice pepper and onion, chop in food processor separately.
4. Mix blueberries, strawberries, pepper, and onion in a medium-sized bowl. Squeeze lime over top, add parsley or cilantro, and add a sprinkle of salt.
5. Chop/slice a handful of blueberries and strawberries and add to salsa for texture.
6. Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
I was feeling a bit silly in the top right picture after a long week! I’m glad that it is finally the weekend, hope you all have a great one!
(Nutrition Info created on SparkPeople.com)