What could be better than a fresh peach in the summertime…not many things!! I tried something new with peaches and decided to throw them on the grill. They turned out delicious!!! They have such a naturally sweet taste that they make a perfect summer dessert. They are also in season right now, so you could possibly pick them up at your local farmer’s market!
Ingredients: (for one serving)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon walnuts (toasted)
1. Wash peaches, then cut in half and remove pit.
2. Grill peach halves face down for about 3-5 minutes.
3. Flip peaches over and grill skin side down for about a minute. (Be careful on this step the skin burns very easily!)
4. Remove peaches from grill.
5. Lightly drizzle honey and walnuts onto peach.
6. Enjoy 🙂
A yummy way to add some Potassium to your diet! Potassium helps you maintain a healthy blood pressure. This recipe is a bit high in sugar so if you are watching your sugar intake you should add less honey. (The peaches do contain some natural sugars.)
I am really excited about how this recipe turned out, so I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did!! Please let me know what you think of it.
Happy cooking and eating,
(Nutritional values determined by the recipe calculator on Sparkpeople.com and Nutrition information found on MyPlate website)